Name: Ian Kiigan
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Education: BA Mod Comp Sci, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Approx 18 years as a professional software engineer, primarily C / C++ and low level programming.
- Majority of experience to date (approx 16 years) lies in video game development on a wide variety of platforms – PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, GBA and many others.
- Key professional experience includes low level systems programming, embedded systems, console development, wireless devices, mobile Java technology and all aspects of video game programming.
Rockstar North – Lead Engine Programmer
May 2015 to present – Lead Engine Programmer
June 2012 to May 2015 – Senior Systems Programmer
Oct 2008 to June 2012 – Systems Programmer
- Generalist game programming role encompassing various low level systems on PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, Xbox 360 etc, primarily C / C++.
- Majority of work includes: visibility and rendering pipeline, world representation and scene graph, level of detail systems, streaming, memory management and many other bits of core tech and features critical to Grand Theft Auto V and other titles.
Denki – Software Engineer
Duration: 7 years (Jan 2002 to Aug 2008)
- Creating casual games for a wide variety of platforms – Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox, GBA, PC, interactive digital TV, Flash, mobile telephones etc. Mostly C, C++ and Java.
- Additional responsibilities: some game design and production duties, team management, technical leadership, creating and maintaining core tech, engine, source control, build system etc.
Various (Non Games) – Software Engineer
Duration: 3 years (1999 to 2001)
- Various non-games programming roles.
For further information please contact me directly at email@example.com. References available on request.